
This little vintage fairy is one of my favourite childhood ornaments. I remember every Christmas not putting another ornament on the tree until I had found my little pink fairy. Somehow it made its way to our house from my parents. I think my Mom remembered how much I loved it. It guards the kitchen clock. I hope my kids will also have treasured memories from some of the ornaments we put up.


When I saw this pink angel in the store several years back I knew I had to have it and put it in my buggy right away....it was only $16.00. I was so thrilled....until I heard a loud cell phone conversation right next to me......."you wouldn't believe the most gorgeous angel we found for so and so's present. We just came back to get it........oh no..that lady has it in her basket." I then received looks and cold stares to try and pressure me to give it up.
If they only knew kind words go a long way. I would have probably gladly given it to them if I had been asked a little more gently and been told how much it would mean to someone. But they were so abrasive that I just kept pushing my pink angel and kept on my merry ol' way. Now she sits under the vintage pink fairy and I think they look quite lovely together don't you?



Foudn these glorious balls at a thrift shop.There were faded blue ones too. I knew they were old since the blue ones had natural fine cracks all over them.....just the way I like them.






Be sure to tell about the treasured ornaments that bring you back to your childhood.
May a litle grace touch your day,

5 comments:
I love that you have such vivid memories of your pink fairy. My memories are of our tree in general. There was every color on there that you could think of and no theme. That's just how it was done back then and I loved it so much as a kid. It's funny but now my tree is so opposite. It's color coordinated and that's it. We wouldn't think of throwing a random ornament on it now like we did when I was a kid. But I love that too, you know? I'm so glad you didn't give up your fairy to those meanies.
Oh I love this post...and good for you, I am glad you hung on to your angel(some people!)I love this post!!
Hi Bre, I love it all! The angel is beautiful! Nancy
Oh what a pretty angel and I love the pink and silver...
HI there, hope all is well with you! Went to Homesense this morning..soooo picked over and empty, think it will be a few weeks before they are well stocked again, darn it all! Stop by sometime,
Post a Comment