Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lovin' A Little Sparkle

I know I love my bling, and I try to tone it down but at Christmas I can't help it. I go all out - full blown sparkle. I think I love the sparkle so much mostly because we always have alot of candles lit and I just love the way the light reflects off the sparkles.


So here's how my mantel looks this year. Scroll down to Cozy Corners post to see how it looked before.



My house is mostly decorated in warm colours but I just couldn't resist the combination of silver, pearly and irridescent whites with some accents of light blue. I love the ethereal look it creates.I also love texture, so I'll be on the look out for some white feather trees.




My youngest daughter Angelique and I did this together. I am amazed at what and eye she has at 10 years old. She lets me know when it doesn't look right and if it get too cluttered....and she's always right. Alot of this mantle is just rearranging what we had. We traded the picture on the mantel for a mirror that we had on another wall. Our new purchases this year were only the light blue snowflakes, the garland and the two silver ball candles.










So this Christmas, add some sparkle to your life but be sure to have candles and mirrors nearby to reflect the beauty of the light.

May a little grace touch your day,

4 comments:

Hopechest Bride said...

Bre,
Love your sparkle. I think you did a beautiful job.
Lisa

Live.Love.Eat said...

It really looks beautiful. I can't wait to decorate our mantel on Friday!

Lisa (aka) French said...

Bre it's absolutely breathtaking!! Gorgeous dahling truly gorgeous!! Hugs French xoxo

Nancy Rosalina said...

Bre, I love the sparkle!!! Everything looks lovely! Happy Thanksgiving! Nancy