Try to follow me on this one.

First a little background on how I chose my blog name. About 3 years ago in 2006 I was journalling and trying to come up with a name for my painting business - one that was elegant, fun and whimsical. One that felt just right. I brainstormed and brainstormed, writing all my choices and thought process down in my journal.
When I came up with Chantilly Grace it seemed perfect. I wanted it to be unique and original so I googled it and believe it or not the only thing that came up for Chantilly Grace was - a name for a llama LOL.
For Chantilly - The French Chateau Chantilly came up . The fact that there was a Chateau named Chantilly in France made it even more perfect! Adding my favourite word God's "Grace" completed it.

Fast forward a couple of years.I decided to do a blog instead of a website. So I wanted to make sure Chantilly Grace was still unique. Although I couldn't imagine how someone else could come up with the same name cause my thinking can be quite "creatively" crazy at times. But Chantilly Grace was still original. I know that another blog has since borrowed the first part "Chantilly" but I guess that was bound to happen and I mean, it is a pretty cool name.
So, the other day I'm reading my comments and talk about SERENDIPITY ...there's a comment that says "kiss from Chantilly near Paris". Well,anything near Paris catches my attention ! So I wrote her back in French. And sure enough she does live near Chantilly with the "Chateau" I had forgotten about. How cool is that ? The bloggin' world is so fun and sometimes comes up with the most unexpected surprises.
Actually the Chateau is called: Chateau de Montvillargenne. It's located in a 15 acre park, in the heart of the Chantilly forest about 35km from Paris. It's the former residence of the Rothschild family.
So that gorgeous bedroom is from the Chateau in Chantilly. All the more reason to want to visit Paris again!
Here's a couple more pics:




May a little grace and serendipity touch your day !
Bre

20 comments:
What a totally cool story! Talk about a "meant to be" blog title! :-)
Just had to pop back in and say I hear ya on the "drained" part of teaching. I enjoy it myself, but things are just different now and it's hard to keep the same steam as a lotta years ago! Buuuut, at least we'll be getting a break soon!
Have a great week! :-) L~
Bre, I love you sharing your story of how you came up with Chantilly Grace. Sometimes "things" like names are just meant to be, like a birth! Your birth of "Chantilly Grace" has your own fingerprint and it's unique...a one of a kind blog! I enjoy visiting! ~CC Catherine from "Catherine de th`e Cups"
Oh, couldn't you just live there in a second?!! Loved your story too. Grace is one of my favorite words also. There just doesn't seem to be anything more beautiful than God's Grace.
Blessings.. POlly
Oh Bre darling it is a small world after all. I adore your title and even more so now, knowing the history. I too love France and their way of life and appreciation of so many things. Have a marvelous week.
Happy Twirls
Hello Bre,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a great comment (thanks again). Oh how I dream of going to France someday. What a great sorry and isn't the blog world amazing.
Hugs...
Cathleen
Hi Bre,
Thinking of you and hope you are well.
Blessings,
Barbara Jean
What a great story! I love the name you picked and how nice to know that there is a chateau in Paris by that name. Love it!
Hey stanger how the heck are you?? Love this post and that story, seems like forever since I have been here, I hate computer problems, this one is nice I must say, everything looks so crisp and clear now!! Hope your doing well, do stop in soon, Chrissy
Just got your note....too funny, its a fake plant!! Everyone seems to think its real so I guess it is a "good" fake!! Have a great week!! Talk soon, Chrissy
GORGEOUS room! You have a lovely site!
Hi friend,
Always so glad to hear from you!
Did i forget to say what my new treasure was?
It is a digital scale for weighing packages to send items people order. =0)
That's positive thinking, don't you think?? =0))
Would love to hear what you have been up to.
Blessings,
Barbara Jean
Hi again Bre,
The digital scale is for selling on my blog.
I have already sold a few things just from people asking about treasures they have seen in my store pics.
I am so excited about being set up to do this.
Good for you for taking time with your family. You are right, they grow up fast, and you are building memories that will last them a lifetime.
Blessings sweet friend.
Barbara Jean
how wonderful!
and your paintings are really nice...I didn't catch it- but are they watercolor? or chalk?
so sorry if I missed it.
hi I like your blog very much and I would like to add it to my blogroll..is that allright with you?
I always loved the name of your blog "Chantilly Grace." Loved this story about the name as well!
Just wanted to say have a great weekend, John and I are going on a date tomorrow to Port Dover, a pretty little beach town, that just happens to have some really nice shops!!! Take it easy, talk to you soon, Chrissy
Hey you... hope everything is o.k. cause you have been mia for a bit,talk to you soon!!
Bre, how lovely is your post.
I love ANYTHING Eruopean. Even the hubby is English!
We really don't know how small the world is. Keep up with your French friend, you never know where friends come from.
Miss Kara
Hi Bre,
How's it going??
Blessings,
Barbara Jean
Hey you... just a quick hello, enjoy your Sunday 22 here today and sunny!!!!Talk soon, Chrissy
Post a Comment