Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pink Saturday



I'm participating in Pink Saturday this week ......maybe a little different than the norm. I'm posting pink things that inspire me.

As the sound of music goes.......Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite pink things.

In my mosaic you will find ....a painting by my favourite artist, pink roses of course, packages tied up in pink satin, my pink fairy and pink angel, a pink carousel horse
and most of all a pastel pink sunset.

And while we're at it a few facts about pink:

Pink is the color of happiness and is sometimes seen as lighthearted. For women who are often overworked and overburdened, an attraction to pink may speak of a desire for the more carefree days of childhood.

* In Japan, the color pink has a masculine association. The annual spring blooming of the pink-blossomed cherry trees (the Sakura) is said to represent the young Japanese warriors who fell in battle in the prime of life (the Samurai).

* Jaipur City is a foremost tourist attraction in India because of its superlative forts, grandiose palaces, vivacious temples, multicolored bazaars, pulsating streets, and its distinguished pink color to which the city owes its oft-used name "The Pink City".








* Marrakesh is another city associated with the color pink. It is sometimes refered to as the "Rose City" because of its salmon-pink colored buildings and the red clay of its terrain.




* Pink signifies happiness and joy in Catholicism. (never knew that)



* Pastries taste better when they come out of pink boxes or served on pink plates (it only works with sweets). Pink makes us crave sugar. (knew that!)

Happy Pink Saturday.......and if you're reading this a little early it's I'm posting it today as I won't get a chance to post it Friday.

May a little Grace touch your day,

Bre

42 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Bre
Thanks for coming by.
I wondered if you'd make it. =0)

Your pink Saturday post is very beautiful, and interesting.
Didn't know some of those 'pink' facts. Don';t think i
d better have any more pink displays at the shop. I have noticed i crave chocolate more when i am there. =0)

Blessings,
Barbara Jean
PS Are you going to do any more tablescapes?? Or is there just not enough time to do everything?

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your first Pink Saturday, Bre. You can e-mail me at

how_sweet_the_sound@aegisholdings.com

Your collage and your post are just exquisite - and perfect. I love seeing and reading of all of this pink beauty as seen through your eyes.

Carolyn said...

Great pink post!
Carolyn

Light and Voices said...

OMG....your post is beautiful and filled with interesting facts. HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!
Joyce

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Beautiful post, Bre! Glad you joined us on Pink Saturday!

Smiles,
Judy

My name is Riet said...

Welcome and happy pink Saturday. Beautiful pink post and thank you for explaining some pink facts

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Love all your pink! Didn't know all that about the color pink. Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

What an incredible post! I'm definitely joining Pink Saturday as I need the lift pink brings into my life right now.

Happy Pink Sturday! ♥

Deanna said...

Hi Bre,
I love it when I can be educated about things! Your post was very delightful!

Happy Pink Saturday!
Deanna :D

Kris said...

Hi Bre,

This is a great pink post. I love the sound of music pinks and that sunset......whao!! Breathtaking.

Happy PS

Kris

♥Mimi♥ said...

Thanks so much for sharing your pink goodies with us today. Just beautiful!

Dee Light said...

Thanks for all of the wondeful pink eye candy!! Have a perfectly pink day.

Shari Replogle said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Love the pink collage, and all of the wonderful and interesting facts on pink. Have a great day!
~Shari

Tristan Robin said...

your pink selections are beautiful - and I loved the trivia about pink! - who knew?!

Happy Pink Saturday

RobinfromCA said...

What a fun pink post! Beautiful and educational!

Happy Pink Saturday!
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

Glennis said...

Bre - Happy Pink Saturday. I love your digressions on the color pink in various cultures. I knew about Jaipur, but had forgotten about it, so it was wonderful to have you show it and jog my memory. The pictures of Marrakesh are stunning, too - - makes me want to go.

Your mosaic is beautifully put together, too. A wonderful First Post for Pink Saturday!

Betty said...

I've enjoyed your pink Saturday post!! I've added a few places to my "places I want to see one day" list.
♥Have a wonderful Pink weekend♥

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Great PS post. I hope you have a fantastic day!

Chandy said...

Thanks for the warning about pink boxes and pastries, lol!

Love that alleyway!

Dawn said...

Interesting, I love a informative post! Happy first PS!

. said...

Lovely photos and blog. Happy pink day. Blessings, Denise

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Bre,
Thanks for the tour! Happy Pink Day!

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Hi Bre! Oh, this was a marvelous Pink post! Very educational too! Thank you for all the info on the color Pink!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Grace said...

Bre (bowing down to you) Fabulous Pink! This was such a great post and your pictures are incredible. Happy Pink Saturday...pink hugs to you Grace xoxoxoxox

Jennifer said...

I love the meaning of Pink in different cultures! Thank you for sharing your Pinks!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Jennifer

KatCollects said...

Welcome to pink Saturday!
Kathy

Betty said...

Thank you for the informative pink post. Happy Pink Saturday!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday Bre
Beautiful pinks!

Susan

Connie said...

Bre, so nice to meet you and visit your blog, my little cherub. Three little munchkins???? Your life sounds full as mine does. A few years away from 70 and still going strong! Squeeeeeal......Happy Pink Saturday, honey, but show us where to see more of your art. Ebay? Etsy? Website?? I'd love to see more. One picture reminds me of Susan Rios' style of painting children and women near the ocean. I love her art and have it in my living room. Again, nice meeting you........
xoxo,
Connie

Barbara Jean said...

Just letting you know i am having another giveaway!!

This is for my 100th post on my 'barb's treasures' blog.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

JudyBug said...

What an interesting Pink Saturday post. Love it!

JudyBug

~*~Patty S said...

Love your pink mosiac! AND your interesting PINK facts from around the globe = fascinating!!!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Barbara Jean said...

Bre,
I don't think i realized you were from Canada.
How much more can it cost to send something there? Maybe i should open it up to N America! Just didn't want to be sending to China or something!=)If your name is drawn we'll figure out what to do.

Anyway, thanks for sharing what you are thankful for anyway.
Blessings, again,
Barbara Jean

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Happy Belated Pink Saturday! I am doing my pink round late this week :-D.. I love your pink saturday post.. some information that I myself didn't know.. very interesting.. have a great week!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Wow, what a beautiful post!! Just wanted to say hi, hope all is well with you. Do you think we will ever get spring in Canada?? Take care Bre, Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Hi Bre. I love the pink photos. Thanks for sharing those.

Tomarie said...

What a beautiful blog!! Laura

Tomarie said...

I had to pop back over here to tell ya how happy I am to meet another teacher! Thank you for all the truly kind things you said on my blog. I will definitely be back!! :-) Laura

lvroftiques said...

Hi Bre! Love all your pinks! The roses took my breath away! How can one not LOVE pink?! It's such a flattering color too! *winks* Vanna

Barbara Jean said...

Bre,
Missing you!!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Barbara Jean said...

Bre,
So glad to hear from you!!
Can't wait till you are back with all your creativeness.

Thanks for your nice comments about my Teddy Bear Tea. I feel like such a beginner at all this, but, blogging has certainly challenged me and stretched me. I have learned so much, and i know there is so much more to learn.

Blessings on your ASturday.

Barbara Jean

Shari Replogle said...

Happy Pink Saturday, and Welcome. I love the pink mosaic.
~Shari