Saturday, October 18, 2008

True Confessions of Blogger ADHD

........so I think I seriously have a problem. My daughter recently watched me spin circles in my classroom, end up the place I started and hadn't done anything - even forgot what I started to do while I flitted from one thing to another.
That's when she said "Now I know where Andre (my son ) gets his ADHD from"

I know I creativity is a curse for me and 100 ideas pop into my head simultaneously but I had never considered that I had ADHD. I mean, I'm on the other end diagnosing it.
And when my girlfriends send the email about Housekeeping ADHD - the one where you start your day in the kitchen , get sidetracked end up in the garage, get sidetracked again end up in the bedroom and so on...all day long and have nothing to show for your work at the end of the day - it hits a chord with me. I mean, that happens on a regular basis.

But when I watched how I read blogs this morning I knew I was in serious problems and that my daughter just might be right.

First of all, I'm relatively new to this blogger thing - I really have very little time for myself and the kids always steal my computer anyway. So I didn't even realize what a world of bloggers there were out there. But I'm totally loving it.

So it started like this:
- somehow started with the BLAH BLAH blog ( I think - but don't remember)
- Pressed a pretty little button that looked like this:



- was totally thrilled to find this blog - added to my Blogs To Read daily - which had 75 - but now has 76 , plus the three hundred others from The Secret Is In The Sauce that I should leave comments on.

- mosied on over to the post or blog of the day - Food Glorious Food
Read the post but got sidetracked by this pretty button:






- pressed that pretty button and ended up at another blog where you can post your favourited picture - added that log to my list - now have 78 - don't remember the other ones I added

-tried to get back to the blog I was on but had lost it when I had posted a comment - but still don't remember on what blog

-went to my explorer bar to view History to find out where the *bleep* I was

- found out I was at Food, Glorious Food - reading the three posts I'm supposed to read and comment on for this:

- Read and laughed at her Most Mortifying Moment

- looked at the 100+ comments for Food, Glorious Food blog - linked to a new blog that sounded interesting ...........................

- started thinking - now I have no idea what blogs to follow - the funny ones, the decorating ones, the crafty ones.

- realized that I now had low blood sugar cause I've been blogging for two hours and forgot to eat. Got up (yes- out of bed) - wandered into the kitchen - realized that life had gone on without me - hubby and son had left for hockey, two daughters were still sleeping. The dog and cat were hungry - the nerve of them.

Thanks goodness it was till only 9:00 am and I still have a day left - this could get embarassing. It's no wonder I don't paint anymore.

Please - someone tell me - Is There Therapy for this?

6 comments:

michelle ward said...

"Is There Therapy for this?"

If you find out let ME know too. I share your blogging adhd. It's a bit like thumbing through a stack of favorite magazine and forgetting what you saw where, and all while you should have been folding laundry. *grin*

thanks for coming by today.

Lisa (aka) French said...

I totally hear you I do the same start one thing than flit over to another forget my spot and start anew~~I think it's a curse we women live with daily! French;)

Oliver's said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and all of the kind comments. I noticed you have a fondness for Nancy Noel, I have several of her books but no prints. I would love to own a few of her amish children prints someday. I love the one with the little boy and his calf. Smiles, Paula

Alicia said...

Guess I need therapy, too! You just described my weekends perfectly!

Just wanted to say hi, I commented below you in Roll Call.

Lisa & Alfie said...

OMG! You were following me! LOL
Actually, that really is how most of blogworld works. I have only been blogging for a year and am discovering everyday. It is really is a process! Only problem is sometimes you can't remember how you got here.
Lisa & Alfie

Hopechest Bride said...

That's so totally me, I feel as if I wrote it...lol. I need the CURE too.
Lisa